This Is A Primer For Lawyers Looking For Shared Legal Office Space With Amenities Specific To Law Practices
I. This section is for attorneys who are LOOKING for offices available for sublease within a law firm (the following section discusses law firms with extra offices for rent).
a) When you are LOOKING for individual offices for sublease you are entering a territory largely ignored by real estate brokers. The purpose of our website is to offer a professional resource to attorneys looking for new office space online, that will allow them to make direct contact with a principal or administrator for the firm that has extra offices available for rent.
b) There is no charge to look for space and contact the advertisers. We provide full contact information including the name, firm, address, phone number and email form.
c) You select from the list of available offices (just click the red VIEW ALL LISTINGS button at the top right of any page). You can sort the list by neighborhood as well as newest / oldest and least offices / most offices.
d) You can save your "favorite" listings to your personal "renters" dashboard - available whenever you log-in. You can also retain your initial email conversations with the advertiser.
e) Factors for consideration:
- Quality & location: obviously your first consideration is the quality of the building and the individual premises within. Here the objective is to provide the appropriate firm image and geographic access for your client base.
- Symbiosis: are there any tie-ins between your specialty and the host firm's practice? Is the work environment consistent with your needs? Is there any overflow work potential from the host firm?
- Amenities: What is included in the office rental? Possible items include:
- Full time reception services to "meet and greet" your visitors
- Telephone system with voice mail
- Telephone answering
- Access to conference room(s) by prior sign-up
- Access to high speed Internet (wired and Wi-Fi)
- Access to high speed copy/scan/fax machines
- Access to binding machine, shredder, postage machine.
- Use of rack space in the Host's IT room or IT closet
- File storage space external to the offices
- Available office furnishings (if needed)
- Incoming mail distribution / Outgoing mail and package handling
- Shared service subscriptions / shared periodical subscriptions
- Signage opportunity in building lobby, elevator hallway, or near (on) the entrance to the office space
f) A primary consideration when renting shared legal office space is the monthly rental or license fee. While you are looking for a competitive rental, you can compare the rent for the space you like to the rent being offered for similar spaces in our inventory of available listings. Be sure to consider the shared amenity inclusion in your evaluation.
You should also consider if the offices are offered with a sublease or license. The effect and capacity of each document can vary depending you your State. We always shy away from a handshake agreement with no contract to memorialize the understanding between the parties.
If you need any extra help with a listing found on our site, feel free to call our office and speak to a seasoned professional that understands the fractional office rental marketplace. There is no charge to get some help - and we'll provide it for you gladly because it helps our advertisers rent their spaces. Call: (212) 986-9100 or Email Us